
It just doesn't seem real. I've been a mom for nearly six weeks, but everyday I find myself repeating in my head, "I'm a mom, I have a kid named Spencer, this is not a dream." I hope that one of these days it will start to sink in and not feel so hard to grasp. I do mom things, but it's still hard to get used to the idea of "Momhood." I love taking care of him though, which is a relief because I had been worried that I might get sick of it. Being a mom is really kind of fun and each day seems better than the one before. I think that might be because of two things really, first of all Spence has been getting a day/night routine established so I'm able to get a lot more sleep, and secondly, I'm starting to get the hang of how to take care of him. Spencer has been a really good baby and I feel blessed. I hope he continues in this way while he's a teenager.

I know we take so many pictures of him sleeping, but it's like the cutest time, and here he is at 10:45 pm asleep. Yeah! That means I get to sleep!

Last night Kyle and Scott figured out how to use the webcam so now we can see eachother while we talk! Spencer wasn't really getting the whole look at the camera part yet, but he certainly could hear grandpa talking!

Papa Smurf, Papa Smurf come quick!

We have many deep conversations....

I love how alert he is! He's getting good at holding his head up.

One day we are going to look back at these pictures and say, "Wow, look how young we are"

2 comments:
Spencer is so lucky to have such a wonderful mom! It takes a while for everything to really set it, but you are so right when you say that it gets better everyday. The best part about your child being so brand new is that you get to witness new changes and developments all the time! He is so stinkin cute and you are doing such a great job!
I'm so excited to see you have a blog! We've never met, but I'm Kyle's cousin. You have a super cute little guy, almost as cute as mine. :-) My little man is older though, he was born in December. The blog I keep updated is here:
http://www.johnpedroza.com/blog1/
Post a Comment