Friday, March 30, 2012

Labor Drama #3

I woke up around 2am with pretty painful contractions, but this was about the 4th night that had happened so I didn't think much of it and went back to sleep off and on till 4:30am. At that point I had started to feel more of what the usual back labor consists of so I figured it could be for REAL this time! I woke up Kyle and told him to get ready around 5. The contractions were getting about 4 to 7 minutes apart, but there was so much more pain. I called my mom around 6:00 to ask how to breath again in case the pain got so bad. She told me and it was a good thing I had called or I would have hyperventilated since I had it all wrong. She also suggested that I get to the hospital and not to wait too long. I wish I would have listened a little better to that advice.

By 7:00am the pain was intense! I was a nervous wreck figuring I had waited too long and I wouldn't be able to get the epidural! The kids were dropped off at a friends house so excited to know that the next time they saw me the baby would be there too! Kelsi ran around the house all morning chanting baby, baby, baby it was so cute. Spence was interested in making sure I wasn't in too much pain. He's always looking out for me and helping without being asked! He was also excited to be at his friends' house!

When at the hospital I was at a 7-8 they said and then I asked when I could get the epidural. They informed me that he had just stepped into a c-section and it would be an hr if there were no complications! I couldn't believe it...I didn't want to have to feel all the pain. I'm a super whimp, so I cried a little and prayed that I would be alright with whatever happened. Kyle was a great support and I'm so glad he was there to keep me from overly worrying.

By 9:00am the nurse was asking about the anethesiologist and he said 5 minutes, which I learned in medical terms means like a half an hr. The contractions were super strong then, but somehow magically I stayed at an 8 and the nurses said since I was so controlled I could still get an epidural! I knew everything would be alright by then and soon enough I did get the epidural!!! Phew!

The contractions basically stopped for an hr or more and Bryce was born at 12:07pm! Yea!

3 comments:

Brad and Janae said...

Thanks for sharing!! It's always fun to hear the labor stories.

Jeannette & Brandt said...

Wow, that sounds crazy! I honestly think that would be the worst thing in the world; expecting and wanting to get an epidural and not being able to. Yikes! I am glad that you got to get it though and that everything worked out!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Glad you still got your epidural! and that was a pretty fast delivery! yeah!