Monday, November 1, 2010

The no nap blues...

Until January I'm afraid church for us will be very hall oriented. Our kids both nap at 1:00 and that's when church starts. We try to put Spence down for an hour or so before...but waking him up leads to a crabby, somewhat disobedient child...Kelsi will take a morning nap, however, it's usually less than an hour. Yesterday was real bad timing all at once...Kyle took Spence to the bathroom during sacrament mtg and just before they returned I had to step out with a screaming Kelsi which lead to another family coming in late and taking our seats...drats! A girl was giving a pre missionary talk so the place was full and I don't recall any extra seats, luckily there was still room for us in the middle of our same row, all we had to do was squeeze past a few people, no big deal right? Wrong! Once Spencer realized our seats were taken he decided to quit following us around to the other side and lay spread out on the floor in the back of the gym. I motioned for him to follow and he got up and ran past our row looking lost. Some nice people tried directing him to us, but he just glared at them and looked confused. Finally I was able to squeeze past them again and go after Spencer, who upon noticing me coming his way decided to make a break for it and run- (I just hate it when that happens). I don't run, especially not in heels. Luckily for me there was a girl his age in the isle way distracting him by saying hi, so he stopped, phew, I quickly bent down and picked him up relieved he didn't run all the way up to the stand or something horrifying....can't wait till next week....just 2 more months until January!

No comments: