He hasn't acted jealous or mad about her, other than the fact that sometimes he points to her bed or swing so we can go outside or to the park if I'm holding her. I have yet to venture to the park alone. I just envision Spencer slipping through some bars way high on the big toy while I try to catch him holding Kelsi. Hmmm, no thanks! Spencer loves to share his toys with her and tries to help her hold a ball or book. Since she's not able to grab a hold of it as he would like he will sometimes just balance the ball or book on her head and then laugh. If she's crying in her basinette then he'll give her something by throwing it there on top of her. Some of the things I've seen in there are: blankets, burp cloths, one of her socks, and a soft finger puppet. He really wants to help, but I worry about the day when there's something big heavy and bruise causing lying by her head.
Kelsi adjusting to Spencer is kind of funny. She is very paitent with his squishy hugs and slobbery hair kisses. She jumps when he yells loudly or screams and she can sleep though just about any noise thanks to him! I'd say they are going get along great!
I'm adjusting to life with 2 slowly. I always had this theory that I wanted to have all my kids close together and get all the pregnancies over with, but I think I'll just take one day at a time and quit trying to rush it all. I'm really happy to have 2 kids and it's a lot of work, but so WORTH it!!!! Kyle helps out a lot too, so I get naps:)
Kyle and I are moving to Arizona for him to go to school there. We are leaving in August and we are super SUPER excited! Well it's kind of bittersweet...It's nice to be moving on to the next stage in Kyle's career (med school), but SAD to leave all of our family here. I know I'm really going to miss everyone.



3 comments:
your baby is so sweet! And spens is getting so big! you will get the hang of it in no time! Az will be fabulous! I lived there a long time ago but I remember it well and I really liked it! And I can honestly say that being away from family is actually a huge blessing as weird as that sounds! It forces you to have to make friends and be a family of your own! i love being in fresno by ourselves! I do miss family but we can always go visit!! Glad to hear you are doing well.Zane just got called to be a seminary teacher for next year and I'm still with the mia maids in YW so we are very busy! but like you said its all worth it!!
I enoyed your blog...I too throw stuff on Paul when he gets kranky...a smothering blanket works nicely! j/k
I know you are doing a great job with two little ones and I'm glad Kyle helps you get some naps in!
Arizona is creeping up...let's get some visists in!! See you Sunday!
Sounds like Spencer is being a very sweet older brother! And it's great that Kyle is helping out so much! When I got pregnant with #2 even though it was planned I was a little like,"Oh boy, what am I getting into?" Haha, but it works, right? Glad to here things are going well.
Post a Comment