Wednesday, July 22, 2009

YEAH!!!

Kyle has landed himself a nice job at the Moran Eye Center (the place he was volunteering already) He's going to be in charge of knowing many of the procedures in the Research department. He will also get to do some eye studies doing little "surgeries" on mice and rabbit eyes! I think that is so gross, but Kyle really likes that aspect of his new job. He doesn't officially start until the end of August, he is just getting trained now. I'm excited he has this job because it has been really difficult looking for work and studying for the MCAT and doing secondaries for med school (secondaries are step two of the application process so once those are through he can get called in for interviews this fall). The job has full benefits so we can keep going to the dentist! Sweet huh?



Today I'm also super excited to see my younger brother get home from a mission in DC. It has felt like two years, some say time goes fast, but not to me. Jeremy and I are pretty close in my fam. and I used to talk to him all the time. In fact I really owe him because he introduced me to his roommate Kyle. If it wasn't for him I might be suffering in some distant land all alone! (ok not really). He gets to the airport at 11:30 pm. It's so late that I'm not bringing Spence along. I just want him to meet Spence when he's in a good awake mood. I know that might seem kind of harsh, but at 11:30 with all of my family members he'll have his hands full. Spencer will have to meet his Uncle in a couple days, when we all go shopping. I can't wait to see him!!!!! Oh and a random fact...Jeremy and I weigh pretty close to the same! I never thought that would happen. He's 5 years younger than me.

6 comments:

Zane, Fallon,Taden,Damian and ? said...

Thats so great about your hubby's new job! Congrats! And for your brother's homecoming! Hope you have fun. Cali is great!

casey and justine said...

That's awesome he was able to volunteer and then get a job out of it! So, you guys are planning on med school? Do you have any ideas of where you all are going to apply? Perhaps Vegas is one of those places? :)

Have so much fun getting to see you brother tonight. It is so true, missions go by so fast.

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Congratulations on the job! Having a job is awesome. Working with rat eyeballs, what?

Kara said...

Hurray!!That's exciting news, we're glad to hear it!
KJ

Vivian said...

Mice and rabbit eyes are the best! Congrats!

Byron & Lori Orton said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats on the job and enjoy seeing your bro again. What mission was he in? My brother served in the Washington DC South. :)