Tuesday, July 28, 2009

And it Happened...

We were all there so anxious to see Jeremy, well except Spencer, and we kept seeing mens dress shoes descend down the escalator, but it wasn't ever him. First we saw a bunch of security guards, then some plane workers, and a few others dressed up, but in the end Jeremy was no where...unless he had gone bald and gained about 50 lbs and didn't recognize us...
Until at last it was HIM and his companion. His plane was a half hour late!!! At midnight he appears. I'm not sure how my family just all watched and waited for him to come to us. I couldn't wait so I ran over to him and gave him the first hug!!!! (sorry mom).

He's holding Tyler my youngest brother who is 3. The first thing he asks him is where's your wig? Ty remembers Jeremy making a bunch of nerdy movies before he left and he was always wearing a wig. While Jeremy has been gone Tyler has watched those movies over and over again.

Jeremy is about 5 years older than Ben who somehow grew about 8 inches while he was gone.... Jeremy was quite surprised to be looking him in the eye

Ah, finally Jeremy was HOME and we could see him after 2 long, LONG years. This is my family plus PJ who's in the blue shirt, he's our cousin. We look pretty awesome for it being 12 am.

While he was away he became an Uncle and had to wait to hold his little nephew for almost a year! Usually when Spencer meets a new face he doesn't want much to do with it, and will usually cry if he's held, but Jeremy was lucky and Spence was totally chill.

WELCOME HOME ELDER PHELPS!

1 comment:

ricks family said...

Jeremy looks just how I remember him...how many years ago was that, I know alot :) I bet it was good to see him. My youngest brother Joshua just left on July 21st to Brazil it was kind of sad, I guess he will always be my little brother.