Sunday, April 6, 2008

Randomness...

I decided to let Kyle sleep in, since I kept him up all night from tossing and turning and adjusting my five pillows, and pulling the blanket off him (accidently), and getting up to stretch out my charlie horses.
This is the first actual meal I felt like helping to make and eat. We actually got all the food groups out of this, in case you can't tell it's mashed potatoes with sour cream, salad, chicken, and green beans. It was so tasty!
In my afterschool class we made fruit pizza. The younger class only had three kids, but the older group had fourteen. All of our fruit was gone in a flash. The kids loved it. This was one of my favorite days to teach. The older girl is Jocelyn. She has the best sense of humor. We have a bunch of classes together this summer. Class won't be so hard to go to with her there.
On Saturday we invited another couple over to dye eggs. It was fun, but I can't wait to have a bunch of my own kids to do this with. I have some quality memories dying eggs as a kid. The white egg is one I did. I got sick of dying them, so I call it the resurrected egg. The other couple took their eggs home.
So Kyle went to a pre-med meeting on campus and they learned how to draw blood, check vitals, and a bunch of other doctorly things. Here he is proud to pose with the vile of his blood. The girl that poked him brusied much of the inside of his arm. Today that whole area is yellowish, green. He wanted to keep his blood, but I didn't think it was very cool. I told him as soon as I found it I would throw it out, and two seconds later I opened the freezer to get some ice cream, and boo, there was his vile of blood, siiiiiiiiiiiick, we laughed and I told him he can have some blood viles when I'm not pregnant, and when he gets his own freezer with a key. I don't like blood very much. I hope my kids don't bleed a lot.
My belly is still expanding and as Josh puts it I have yet to reach "critical mass." This picture is about a week and a half old. I'm sure if you saw me today, I'd be even bigger. My new maternity shirts are barely long enough. Kyle is in the background looking at old mission pictures.

1 comment:

Bryce and Katie said...

Kyle! This is Katie Craig.... so weird, I was blog hopping and saw your blog. Small world, I guess! Anyway, congratulations to you and your wife and soon to be baby boy! Here is our blog if you'd like to check it out. http://bryceandkatie.blogspot.com/