Well 4 months of prgnancy have come and gone and the little one is starting to make him/herself known. Alyssa is starting to show a little and we wanted to share this great momentous event with you all. I can assure you that this is not the end of it. Many more pictures of a growing baby will probably be on their way. We were at the temple dedication today and we saw a girl that was in our ward that is about ready to pop. I am wondering how much Alyssa will really show in the end. She is pretty slender by nature so the last months will probably be significant belly-pokie-outage.
The telple dedication today was really nice, we went to the 3rd of 4 sessions. President Monson was at the first two and wasn't at the 3rd. I am not sure if he had to leave or what but he asked Elder Bednar to direct the meeting. It was great. The temple will be a great blessing to this valley. Alyssa leaned over to me in the middle of it and expresed her desire to go to the temple. We haven't gone this last month because Alyssa has been feeling really sick. Her feeling like going to the temple is a great thing, it is a sign of less nausea. She has been feeling better lately, we are hopefull that the nausea will go away completely.
I am doing well with school, it is treating me alright. I am involved in a study based out of the U of U. The study is on Autism and deals with measuring brain volume and the individual volumes or each structure of the brain. I analyze brain scans from MRI's and such to determine all that stuff. It is all done on computer, but I am learning a lot about brain anatomy, because I have to know what to include in each measurement. I will share a little something with you that I learned this week. There is a bone above the roof of your mouth about dead center between your eyes but a little lower than your eyes, it is called the sella turcica. The bone is flat and is inbetween the two hemispheres of your brain, it is kind of like a table and inbetween that bone and your brain is a bunch of flesh that is not brain tissue. Actually I don't know what it does if anything at all, but I thought it was cool to know, so I figured you would too!!
Alyssa's school is going well. It is getting a little easier to go but it is still hard to sit through the classes for her. It is hard to not to have access to food that she needs sometimes, so it is tough. She is going twice a week to an afterschool program that she teaches with girls in her practicum class at BYU-I. The kids are in elementary school and sometimes more than a handful for the 4 girls in her group. One of the kids the other day had some really stinky socks, so the girls all used alyssa's hand sanatizer to clean away all the icky germs.
I guess I have written enough, but we are well and happy.
The telple dedication today was really nice, we went to the 3rd of 4 sessions. President Monson was at the first two and wasn't at the 3rd. I am not sure if he had to leave or what but he asked Elder Bednar to direct the meeting. It was great. The temple will be a great blessing to this valley. Alyssa leaned over to me in the middle of it and expresed her desire to go to the temple. We haven't gone this last month because Alyssa has been feeling really sick. Her feeling like going to the temple is a great thing, it is a sign of less nausea. She has been feeling better lately, we are hopefull that the nausea will go away completely.
I am doing well with school, it is treating me alright. I am involved in a study based out of the U of U. The study is on Autism and deals with measuring brain volume and the individual volumes or each structure of the brain. I analyze brain scans from MRI's and such to determine all that stuff. It is all done on computer, but I am learning a lot about brain anatomy, because I have to know what to include in each measurement. I will share a little something with you that I learned this week. There is a bone above the roof of your mouth about dead center between your eyes but a little lower than your eyes, it is called the sella turcica. The bone is flat and is inbetween the two hemispheres of your brain, it is kind of like a table and inbetween that bone and your brain is a bunch of flesh that is not brain tissue. Actually I don't know what it does if anything at all, but I thought it was cool to know, so I figured you would too!!
Alyssa's school is going well. It is getting a little easier to go but it is still hard to sit through the classes for her. It is hard to not to have access to food that she needs sometimes, so it is tough. She is going twice a week to an afterschool program that she teaches with girls in her practicum class at BYU-I. The kids are in elementary school and sometimes more than a handful for the 4 girls in her group. One of the kids the other day had some really stinky socks, so the girls all used alyssa's hand sanatizer to clean away all the icky germs.
I guess I have written enough, but we are well and happy.



1 comment:
I said I wouldn't beieve it until I saw it and here is proof! Alyssa is showing! Hurray! Super cute belly, such a gorgeous pregnant lady! :)
Post a Comment